INTERVIEW WITH REMI RAY
My name is Remi Ray and I am a Niche Fashion Influencer.
1. What was the biggest challenge you had to overcome to achieve what you have?
Having a business partner steal from your business and then spread lies about you in the industry to distract others from the truth. Having such a horrible element happen to me so early on in my journey. This really allowed me the time I needed to understand my gifts of vision. Embracing your direction is always the most important achievement in my eyes.
2. If you were given £5 million tomorrow, what would you spend it on?
I guess I would do the boring bits of investment/family - but I also have a keen interest in developing creatives in less fortunate countries around the world. Helping others become who they are meant to be is definitely my second passion after fashion/business.
3. How did you raise awareness for what you do and how do you stay relevant?
I never concentrate on being relevant - my first business interests were bashed before I even got started and now plus-size is trendy. In relation to raising awareness everything seems to take place very organically - I use my vision and feeling to create and that never changed and if its in the time that people want to receive it then it works and if not onto the next.
4. Where will you be in 5 years and how will you ensure you achieve it?
In five years I will own the biggest niche fashion website in the world - that's the plan LOL. I'm just about to turn 29 and feel now more than ever comfortable to ask and prepare for business ventures that previously I would have had no interest in - I mean the worse that can happen is that you get a no - so why not approach LOL and open yourself up to further opportunities or lessons.
5. You're trapped on an Island and have one call to the person who will oversee your business/ brand for the next 6 months,what would you tell them?
I would call the founder of the fashion Company Nasty Girl Sophia Amoruso and tell her to follow her heart with my business.